Job no: 498038
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - SA
Categories: Corporate services - Finance, HSSE, HR, IT, Marketing
- Reports to the Head of Operations
- Flexible work arrangements – .6 FTE - work in a way that suits you best
- Adelaide, SA
Take responsibility for developing and driving a world-class learning and performance culture
Our HR practice works at the intersection of global development and people solutions design and implementation. The Human Resources Director, Asia Pacific plays a key strategic role in delivering the human resources strategy to support our International Development consulting business during an exciting period of growth and transformation.
About the opportunity
In this critical role, you’ll partner with our Asia Pacific management team to deliver HR solutions and initiatives that support the business strategy and make a difference to our culture, to the careers of our people and importantly, to the performance of our business. You will be lead our team of HR advisors and work closely with our business development and operations teams to support the delivery of our people cycle and activities across the region.
You will develop and lead our human resource practices and initiatives across a variety of HR areas such as; talent attraction and retention, workforce planning and people analytics, engagement, learning and development, and operating models, technology selection, implementation and adoption.
The strength of our team and business lies in the diversity of the background and skill set of each our talented professionals. You will be joining a dynamic and growing team committed to driving innovation, delivering different and distinctive development focussed outcomes, and making an impact that matters for our people and the communities we serve.
What will your typical day look like?
As our HR Director, you will:
- Lead conversations around critical workforce issues and help navigate to meaningful outcomes through structured problem solving, design thinking and team collaboration
- Assist in planning and shaping the HR performance and development elements of projects and programmes
- Partner with our business development, management consulting and project teams to drive the design of innovative, high quality workforce and organisational strategies and solutions using human centered design
- Advise on the latest HR technology solutions and their implementation
- Support the HR requirements for delivery of programs of work in cross-functional and diverse teams dispersed geographically in the Asia Pacific
- Build and maintain strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Coach other members of our team on HR development and performance requirements with a focus on crafting a successful and client centric team environment that facilitates personal growth opportunities for all
About the team
Sitting within our international development business, our forward-thinking team specialises in identifying, recruiting, mobilising, supporting and developing top talent to create thriving global communities. We revamp the way development happens through bringing innovations and our people together to solve global challenges. In our solution-focused team, we get a little nervous with the average as learning and collaboration sees no end.
To succeed, you will ideally have:
- Strengths in structured problem solving, critical thinking and analysis
- Significant experience working within any of the following disciplines: Workforce strategy and analytics, HR advisory, HR service delivery – particularly in HR development roles in learning focused organisation(s), HR technology and technology adoption
- Design thinking or research skills with the ability to learn rapidly and to exercise mature judgment
- A commercial appreciation and understanding of the impact of people activities on business performance
- Skills in synthesising and drawing insights from qualitative and quantitative data
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and demonstrate resilience and strong commitment towards project and personal goals
- Ability to communicate ideas, strategies and concepts in clear, compelling and credible ways to stakeholders at all levels
- Strong verbal and business writing skills, including experience with design and presentation tools
- Experience working with purpose driven and values-based organisations where values and behaviours align in all you do and form the framework for managing and delivering exceptional performance
- Collaborative working style - ability to develop strong relationships with clients, peers and teams
We believe people work best when they're excited by the clients, markets and challenges they work with; feel supported through collaboration and teamwork and are empowered in a fast moving and dynamic environment filled with opportunity.
We take coaching and career progression seriously and have a strong focus on supporting people to realise their potential and career aspirations – your skills and contribution will play a key part in helping us deliver on this commitment.
Applications close: 5.00 PM (ACST) Friday 27 September 2019.
As part of the premier global development consulting firm we help shape a world where communities thrive.
Coffey International Development works with governments, businesses and NGOs to solve complex development challenges. Our dedicated team helps partners including DFAT, USAID and the Asian Development Bank to deliver effective and sustainable projects in more than 80 countries around the world.
Our work with DFAT has included overseeing the Ending Violence Against Women campaign in Cambodia, improving early education in Kiribati, and strengthening service delivery in PNG. Coffey’s Asia Pacific headquarters is proudly based in Adelaide and is part of the worldwide Tetra Tech family of companies.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now and please include a cover letter addressing your interest in the role and a summary of your aligned skills and experience.
If you’ve got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Lisa Conway, Talent Acquisition Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org We’d love to hear from you.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now