Job no: 498063
Work type: Contract
Location: Australia - WA
Mechanical Designer / Drafter
- Mega infrastructure project
- Immediate start. AECOsim, OpenPlant Modeler, MicroStation, experience required.
- Perth CBD, Western Australia
We are bringing together national and international engineering experience for the design and construction of a national level hydro electrical project. This project is based in NSW, the design package is in Perth, and it will deliver one of the largest pumped hydro schemes in the world.
About the role
Immediate start. Based in our Perth office, this role will report to the Principal Mechanical Engineer.
You’ll be required to:
- Support the Lead Mechanical Drafter in the preparation of drafting documentation and verification work in accordance with procedures
- Review basis of design and incorporation of requirements into documentation
- Ensure our project quality systems and procedures are correctly implemented
- Achieve budgeted hours on assigned work
You will join our team on a full-time contract basis
Your essential experience should include:
Experience as a Mechanical Drafter in process plants and infrastructure projects working to Australian design standards.
An ability to read design criteria, specifications and scopes of work, and know what is needed to meet requirements
Experience in 3D modelling using MicroStation’s suite of products including AECOsim and OpenPlant Modeler.
Please note: You must hold Australian work rights to apply for this position.
Tetra Tech Proteus is a leading provider of engineering services to the resources and energy sectors. Our talented engineers cover all disciplines across procurement and construction management and deliver projects across Australia, Asia and Africa.
In over three decades of operation we’ve delivered studies, detailed design, EPCM and EPC projects to our mining and infrastructure clients across all phases of the project life cycle from studies to ongoing operational supports.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multi-billion dollar company with local expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are important to our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. That’s why we’ve introduced our new flexibility option which allows you to purchase up to 4 weeks of additional leave on top of your regular annual leave.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Purchase of additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now