- Great career development opportunity in client-side project management
- Build your career with a tier 1 consultancy
- Newcastle and Mid North Coast, NSW
Exciting opportunities exist for professional and service focused Assistant Project Managers to join our supportive and successful team and further their careers in client-side project management consulting.
About the role
As a critical member of our growing project management team, you’ll assist with supervised management, the planning, co-ordination and delivery of all aspects of built environment projects to achieve client objectives.
In supporting the delivery of multiple and different project types across a range of sectors, a typical day includes:
- Supporting project managers to manage project scope, time, cost, quality, communications, risk, procurement and integration;
- Providing assistance with managing project stakeholders including the client, statutory authorities, consultants, contractors and end-users;
- Assisting with business development by developing strong and effective internal and external relationships;
- Preparing project documentation including contract administration and correspondence.
People enjoy working in our Newcastle team because they rarely go a day without learning something new. We have a great mix of local size and large national projects to work on across multiple clients and sectors.
You’ll be exposed to a breadth of project management principles and applications and supported in your career development by highly skilled project managers.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification or studying towards in project or construction management, engineering, architecture or quantity surveying;
- An ability to apply project management principles and processes to service delivery of low to medium complexity projects;
- A strong team focus and a commitment to providing quality client service;
- Excellent written communication skills that enable you to prepare briefs and reports with accuracy and clarity;
- Passion and professionalism with the willingness to learn and grow through training and experience;
- A current drivers’ licence
Experience in projects within a government or education related services environment, while not essential, will be highly regarded.
Please note: You must hold Australian work rights to apply for this position.
We're proud of our reputation for deep expertise – for digging deeper, thinking smarter and seeing further. Since joining Tetra Tech, we've combined the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with Coffey. It's a strong combination that's supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are important to our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. That’s why we’ve introduced our new flexibility option which allows you to purchase up to 4 weeks of additional leave on top of your regular annual leave.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Purchase of additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Laptop and iPhone provided
- On site car parking
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.