Job no: 498080
Work type: Contract
Location: Australia - WA
Senior Contaminated Land Consultant – Site Assessment and Remediation
- A dynamic, client facing project management role
- 12 month fixed term contract position
- Modern and vibrant office: Perth CBD
Why Coffey? Top tier consultancy; challenging projects; highly regarded for our expertise; strong pipeline of work; fun & flexible work practices
About the role
Joining our specialist Site Assessment and Remediation (SAR) group means you’ll become part of an expert team of engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, chemists, landfill design, waste management specialists and contaminated site auditing consultants who work on a variety of projects across Australia and New Zealand.
In WA, you’ll fulfill a key role in a well-established and highly experienced team of contaminated land management professionals who will benefit from your skills and experience in contamination investigation, risk assessment, remediation and site management advice for our clients in the resource, property, utilities, infrastructure and energy sectors.
Here’s what you’ll be focused on:
- Promoting a culture of ‘Safety First’
- Developing comprehensive, competitive and persuasive proposals and leading major pursuits
- Project management activities including scheduling, resourcing and budget control
- Designing complex field investigations including soil sampling, groundwater sampling and soil vapour assessment
- Preparing contaminated site investigation reports (PSI, SAQP, DSI, RAP, SRV and SMP) in accordance with established guidelines and standards
- Directing and guiding site remediation activities in accordance with an established and approved RAP
- Interaction with contaminated site auditors and regulatory authorities
- Contributing to the professional and technical development of more junior staff
- Managing key client relationships - participating in client meetings and contributing to technical solutions, options and initiatives to meet client’s needs
Ideally you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, Geology or a related discipline, and a commitment to ongoing professional development
- Experience using Oracle based project management tools is highly desirable
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in contaminated site assessment and remediation activities, including soil, groundwater and soil vapour sampling, ecological and human health risk assessment and data gap analysis – preferably within a consulting environment
- Strongly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-established time management skills
- Proficiency in the application of guidelines and standards related to the investigation and management of contaminated land (NEPM 2013, DWER 2014, DoH 2009, HEPA 2018) and an understanding of State and Federal environmental policy is necessary
- A confident ability to build effective relationships with clients and key stakeholders through project delivery
- Exceptional verbal communication coupled with professional writing skills to produce highly technical reports and successful proposals
A high level of motivation to take ownership of quality and be accountable for delivery of contaminated land projects along with an Australian driver’s license and work rights are essential for this role.
We're proud of our reputation for deep expertise – for digging deeper, thinking smarter and seeing further. Since joining Tetra Tech, we've combined the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with Coffey. It's a strong combination that's supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are important to our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. That’s why we’ve introduced our new flexibility option which allows you to purchase up to 4 weeks of additional leave on top of your regular annual leave.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Purchase of additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Laptop and iPhone provided
- On site car parking
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now