Job no: 498066
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - WA
- Join our highly experienced team and be part of delivering contamination management solutions to our clients
- A dynamic, fieldwork focussed role working on a variety of challenging projects across a range of industries
- Modern and vibrant office in the Perth CBD
About the role
Joining our specialist Site Assessment and Remediation (SAR) team means you’ll become part of an expert team of engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, chemists, landfill design, waste management specialists and contaminated site auditing consultants who work on a variety of projects across Australia and New Zealand.
In WA you’ll form an integral part of a well-established and highly experienced team of contaminated land management professionals who will support you to develop your skills and experience in contamination investigation, acid sulfate soil assessment, remediation and site management advice to our clients in the resource, property, utilities, infrastructure and energy sectors.
Here’s what you’ll be focused on:
- Promoting a culture of ‘Safety First’
- Undertaking complex field investigations including soil sampling, groundwater sampling and soil vapour assessment
- Collating, interpreting and presenting laboratory analytical data in technical reports
- Contributing to the preparation of contaminated site investigation reports (PSI, SAQP, DSI, RAP, SRV and SMP) for our clients in accordance with established guidelines and standards
- Supervising sub-contractors undertaking high risk activities such as drilling and excavation programs
- Assisting with guiding site remediation activities in accordance with an established and approved RAP
- Organising and procuring plant and equipment for undertaking field studies
- Interaction with contaminated site auditors and regulatory authorities
- Contributing to the professional and technical development of more junior staff
- Participating in client meetings and contributing to technical solutions, options and initiatives to meet client’s needs
Ideally you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, Geology or a related discipline, and a commitment to ongoing professional development
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years’ experience in contaminated site assessment and remediation activities, including soil, groundwater and soil vapour sampling, drilling activities and monitoring well construction – preferably within a consulting environment
- Strongly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience and working knowledge of guidelines and standards related to the investigation and management of contaminated land (NEPM 2013, DWER 2014, DoH 2009, HEPA 2018) and an understanding of State and Federal environmental policy is necessary
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc and experience working with software packages such as ESdat and Surfer
- Exceptional verbal communication coupled with professional writing skills to produce detailed technical reports
A high level of motivation to take ownership of quality and be accountable for delivery of contaminated land projects along with an Australian driver’s license and work rights are essential for this role.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are important to our culture too. We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. That’s why we’ve introduced our new flexibility option which allows you to purchase up to 4 weeks of additional leave on top of your regular annual leave.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Purchase of additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Laptop and iPhone provided
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multi-billion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
We believe in equal opportunity.
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that drive collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now