Junior Consultant – Evaluation and Research Practice, Warsaw, Poland
Junior Consultant - Evaluation and Research
Number ref.: E&R_JC_01.2021
About the company
Coffey's Evaluation and Research team is a highly successful specialist consultancy, employing a multi-national team, based in Warsaw, London and Amsterdam. We have built up a strong reputation in the research and evaluation of public sector activities. We are part of a specialist global professional services consultancy, Tetra Tech, operating in 80 countries and employing 16,000 professionals world-wide. (Coffey International Development Sp. z o.o. is currently rebranding as Tetra Tech International Development.)
We have a long track record of delivering high quality evaluation, impact assessment, research, analysis and advice on the policies, programmes and other interventions of our public sector clients, in particular the European Commission, but also international development clients in the US, Australia, Europe and the UK.
Our evaluation work focuses on interventions in a wide range of policy areas including communication, fisheries, justice and home affairs, taxation and customs, foreign policy, enterprise and industry, employment and social affairs, education and culture, health and consumer affairs, research and technological development and transport. Coffey’s Evaluation and Research Practice is also active in the field of international development, although this position is within our EU team and will be focused on supporting clients in the EU institutions.
For more information see: http://coffeyeurope.com/practice-areas/european-public-policies/
About the role
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Junior Consultant with a strong interest in evaluating public policy, programmes and actions and some experience of research design and implementation to support our work for the EU institutions. Applicants need to be team players with a positive can-do attitude, a strong analytical mind and a commitment to professionalism. Applicants must have a near native level of English, as the successful candidate will be required to draft all documents, reports and emails in English.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with an interest or experience in research and policy in transport and mobility fields.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to our team in the delivery of evaluation and impact assessment work mainly for clients in the EU institutions.
- Providing meeting and workshop support, including drafting meeting minutes, contacting experts and preparing presentations.
- Carrying out research-support tasks, including by undertaking desk research and conducting interviews.
- Analysing qualitative and quantitative data from interviews, surveys and focus groups, including preparing charts and graphs to illustrate results.
- Drafting research findings and contributing to high quality reports for our clients.
- Helping to grow the business by contacting experts, preparing CVs, supporting the preparation of tenders and identifying and pursuing opportunities in new and existing markets.
What we can offer you
The successful candidate will be offered a role as a Junior Consultant in Coffey’s Evaluation and Research team and be expected to help ensure its continuing success in years to come. The position being offered is a full-time permanent post based in Coffey’s offices in central Warsaw.
The role provides the opportunity to further develop both your evaluation and project management skills within a team of like-minded professionals from our teams in Warsaw, London and Amsterdam. The role may involve international travel.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will have circa 1-2 years of relevant professional experience, and demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent writing and analytical skills, and a good understanding of different quantitative and qualitative social research techniques and methods
- A good understanding of approaches, methods and tools used to evaluate public sector interventions
- Ability to work under pressure, both independently and as part of a team, and meet tight deadlines
- A university degree (preferably with a relevant post-graduate qualification)
- Excellent command of the English language and at least one other EU language (at or near native level).
- Expertise in a specific policy area (we currently work on the following policy areas: foreign policy, communication, education and culture, health, consumer affairs, justice, taxation and customs, research and innovation, international development, fisheries enterprise and industry, and mobility and transport)
- In-depth knowledge of, and ideally previous experience of working with, the EU institutions and/or international development clients.
- Experience of working in an international setting
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter in one file, clearly outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the role quoting reference to “E&R_JC_02.2020” and where you saw this advert by Friday 29 January 2021.
Please include the following statement in your application: "I hereby consent to processing by the advertiser of my personal data, included in my application documents, for the purposes to implement the recruitment process according to the act of 29 August 1997 on personal data protection (consolidated text: Journal of Laws of 2016, pos. 922). I also consent to processing of my personal data by the advertiser for the purposes of any future recruitment processes."
Read more about Coffey’s transition to Tetra Tech International Development here: https://intdev.tetratecheurope.com/our-new-identity/
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors around the world, including the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID), Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO), and the European Union (EU). Our people are focused on improving lives by working side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth, and good governance.
Tetra Tech International Development is part of Tetra Tech, a global family of experts providing international development services in over 13 key practice areas in over 100 countries around the world. Tetra Tech serves the major aid markets in the UK and Europe, as well as the U.S. Agency for International Development, the U.S. Department of State, Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and multilateral development banks.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all of our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.