Job no: 498124
Work type: Contract
Location: Australia - SA, Cambodia, Fiji, Kiribati, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Myanmar, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam
- Coffey is seeking to strengthen our pool of public health experts to work with on designing and delivering new public health programmes and undertaking evaluations and research studies to meet the objectives of our Asia Pacific clients.
- Various projects and programmes
- Asia Pacific scope
Coffey has extensive experience in delivering programs across the Asia Pacific including evaluation projects and research studies on behalf of multiple institutions and agencies, in the field of public health. We are regularly bidding for assignments and are looking to build a pool of junior and senior independent consultants with expertise in Asia Pacific public health policy, programme delivery, evaluations and research studies.
The positions will vary. These are likely to include:
- Short term positions to support on business opportunities. Tasks may include programme scoping, evaluation and research design for public health opportunities, and support on drafting proposals;
- Positions on existing evaluations, such as general technical and monitoring & evaluation advisors;
- Short-term positions on specific pieces of work related to Asia Pacific public health policy and delivery;
- Long-term positions such as technical leads, output leads and embedded advisors to deliver evaluations, impact assessments, monitoring, implementation assessment and other related services in relation to public health.
- Applicants need to be familiar in working with the Asia Pacific institutions and agencies, preferably in the field of public health. The exact specifications will vary depending on what positions become available. Useful skills are likely to include:
- Academic background (at least to a Bachelor’s level) in a public health-related policy area;
- Extensive expertise in public health policy in the Asia Pacific setting;
- Strong monitoring and evaluation experience of public health policy and programmes in the Asia Pacific setting;
- Strong track record of engagement with Asia Pacific agencies (e.g. Consumers, Health, Agriculture and Food Executive Agency and the European Food and Safety Authority);
- Strong background in various areas of public health including but not limited to: Asia Pacific health policy, cross-border healthcare, eHealth: digital health and care, health technology assessment, health workforce, health systems performance assessment, tobacco, nutrition and physical activity, alcohol, pharmaceuticals, diseases and health threats etc.
- Excellent skills in data analysis and report writing in English (level C1 or higher).
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives. Coffey has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now