Principal/Associate Geotechnical Engineers - Sydney
• We offer you a top-notch technical environment
• Enjoy a diversity of projects that will challenge you technically
• Chatswood, New South Wales
Our renowned Geotechnical business in Sydney now needs Principal & Associate level Geotechnical Engineers.
We offer you a top-notch technical environment. Our business culture champions cutting edge solutions that ensure you are inspired and that our clients return to us for every project. We consistently focus on buildability and value engineering, while applying intelligent risk.
We implement policies and work practices that encourage flexible work options to assist you balance your work, life and family responsibilities, including our leave purchase scheme and flexible work options.
About the role
You will be part of the successful Geotechnical design team and work on a variety of geotechnical projects including high profile CBD buildings, a mega hydro project and transport projects. You will enjoy a diversity of Australian projects that will challenge you technically and ensure that you continue to learn. You will appreciate the support and encouragement of a large team of 40+ people.
The responsibilities of these positions include:
• Planning, directing and supervising all operations in large and moderately sized projects with bigger risk and difficulty, and large business impact
• Provide technical leadership
• Provide mentoring & support to technical staff in completing projects
• Review engineering reports and designs
• Possess excellent communication skills
• Project management and be responsible for both positive technical as well as commercial outcomes
• Committed team player
• You are the first point of contact with clients and the focus will be to add genuine value at all stages of the project lifecycle
• May be responsible for project teams sometimes working in remote locations
• Regularly develop and evaluate project plans
• Develop proposals and work to grow the Geotechnical practice
You will need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering as a minimum
• 10+ years of Geotechnical experience
• Strong technical progression in your geotechnical career
• Experience in leading technical teams to successfully conclude projects
• Your experience ranges from the design of deep foundations, ground improvement methods and stabilisation to general geomechanics
We offer you a top-notch technical environment and have great modern offices.
Our team in Sydney are involved in cutting-edge projects, addressing the geotechnical challenges of today.
If you have any questions, please call June Roberts on 02 9406 1230.
We're proud of our reputation for deep expertise – for digging deeper, thinking smarter and seeing further. Since joining Tetra Tech, we've combined the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with Coffey. It's a strong combination that's supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are important to our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. That’s why we’ve introduced our new flexibility option which allows you to purchase up to 4 weeks of additional leave on top of your regular annual leave.
Our benefits include:
Supportive and flexible work environment
Commitment to your career development
Competitive salary package
Purchase of additional leave on top of regular annual leave
Paid Parental and Partner Leave
Employee stock purchase plan
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.