Job no: 498309
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - NSW
Contaminated land Consultant
- Join our highly experienced team and deliver contamination management solutions
- A dynamic, fieldwork focused role working on a variety of projects
- Modern and vibrant office close to the train in Chatswood
About the role
Joining our specialist Site Assessment and Remediation (SAR) team means you’ll become part of an expert team of engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, chemists, landfill design, waste management specialists and contaminated site auditing consultants who work on a variety of projects across Australia and New Zealand.
In NSW you’ll form an integral part of a well-established and highly experienced team of contaminated land management professionals who will support you to develop your skills and experience in contamination investigation, acid sulphate, soil assessment, remediation and site management advice to our clients in the resource, property, utilities, infrastructure and energy sectors.
Here’s what you’ll be focused on:
- Promoting a culture of ‘Safety First’
- Undertaking field investigations including soil sampling, groundwater sampling and soil vapour assessment
- Collating, interpreting and presenting laboratory analytical data in technical reports
- Contributing to the preparation of contaminated site investigation reports in accordance with established guidelines and standards
- Supervising sub-contractors undertaking field activities such as drilling and excavation programs
- Assisting with guiding site remediation activities in accordance with an established and approved Remediation Action Plan
- Organising and procuring plant and equipment for undertaking field studies
- Interaction with contaminated site auditors and regulatory authorities
- Participating in client meetings and contributing to technical solutions, options and initiatives to meet client’s needs
Ideally you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, Geology or a related discipline, and a commitment to ongoing professional development
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years’ experience in contaminated site assessment and remediation activities, including soil, groundwater and soil vapour sampling, drilling activities and monitoring well construction – preferably within a consulting environment
- Australian permanent work rights are essential for this role.
- Strongly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of guidelines and standards related to the investigation and management of contaminated land and an understanding of State and Federal environmental policy
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc and experience working with software packages such as ESdat and Surfer
- Professional writing skills producing detailed technical reports for our clients
A high level of drive to take ownership of quality and be accountable for delivery of contaminated land projects along with an Australian driver’s license.
We're proud of our reputation for deep expertise – for digging deeper, thinking smarter and seeing further. Since joining Tetra Tech, we've combined the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with Coffey. It's a strong combination that's supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are important to our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. That’s why we’ve introduced our new flexibility option which allows you to purchase up to 4 weeks of additional leave on top of your regular annual leave.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Purchase of additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Laptop and iPhone provided
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now