Job no: 498319
Work type: Contract
Location: Australia - NT
Categories: Project management consulting
- Unique client-side APM/PM role with a top tier consultancy
- 6-12 month contract - supporting iconic NACC Defence program
- Katherine, Northern Territory
Brilliant opportunity for an experienced assistant project manager/project manager to join us on the nation’s largest Defence project.
About the role
The New Air Combat Capability (NACC) Facilities Project is a $1.6 billion investment into RAAF base facilities around Australia.
Coffey are trusted consultants to the Department of Defence on this critical program.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join our team of consulting project managers on the capital works program at the Tindal RAAF base in the Northern Territory.
Working full-time on the Tindal RAAF Base, you’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting our Senior Project Manager by tracking and reporting on project deliverables, budgets, resourcing and timelines;
- Providing assistance with managing project stakeholders including the client, statutory authorities, consultants, contractors and end-users;
- Developing effective client relationships; attending client meetings and drafting project communications;
- Undertaking project documentation and administrative duties including preparation and issue of contract instructions and correspondence.
If you’ve never visited Katherine before, this is also an opportunity to explore the spectacular scenery and to experience the unique lifestyle of outback Australia.
We’ll assist you with relocation support to get you there, provide you with accommodation in Katherine and a vehicle which you can use for work as well as weekend exploring adventures.
For success in this unique role, you‘ll need to have:
- Tertiary qualifications in project management and/or property construction;
- A minimum of 3 years experience in construction project management;
- A demonstrated ability to apply project management principles and processes to service delivery;
- A strong team focus and excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills;
- A commitment to providing quality client service;
- Passion and professionalism with the willingness to learn and develop your project management career
Ideally, you’ll have client-side experience within a defence, government or consulting related environment.
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Coffey believes in equal opportunity.
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that drive collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now