As a leading global development consulting firm, our purpose is to contribute to a world where people, communities and the planet thrive.
Coffey International Development works with governments, businesses and NGOs to solve complex development challenges. Our dedicated team helps partners including DFAT, USAID and the Asian Development Bank to deliver effective and sustainable projects in more than 80 countries around the world.
- Provide expert advice and assessments for the selection of awardees
- Short term role, commencing October 2020 through to November 2020
- Based out of Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea and possibly some remote work from home location
Australia Awards Papua New Guinea (AAPNG) is designed to promote knowledge, leadership and enduring ties between Australia and Papua New Guinea (PNG). It aims to build knowledge and skills to address PNG’s economic and development challenges through international scholarships to Australia and scholarships in PNG.
It offers the next generation of leaders in Papua New Guinea opportunities to acquire professional and technical knowledge and skills relevant to the priorities of the Government of PNG. The program ensures opportunities are provided for women, people with disabilities and people from remote locations. The program focuses on supporting alumni to use their skills, knowledge and networks to drive change and innovation.
AAPNG includes three study options:
- Australia Award Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study primarily postgraduate courses in Australia;
- Australia Awards Short Course Awards – for Papua New Guineans to undertake study in Australia, receiving an Australian qualification; and
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study in PNG to meet critical workforce gaps
To deliver Australia Awards outcomes, AAPNG has five stream activities: Australia Awards; PNG and Pacific Awards; Short Course Awards; Alumni Engagement; and Secondary Schools. AAPNG is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Reporting to the Facility Director, the Awardee Selections Adviser will provide expert advice and assessments for the selection of awardees, through participation as a member of the selection interview panel, as well as other selection activities if required and as directed.
PD - AAPNG - Awardee Selection Adviser (May 2020).pdf
The ideal candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification from a recognised university (essential) and/or Qualification at Master’s level or higher (desirable)
- Professional experience working as an academic or working closely with an Australian tertiary institution
- Experience assessing international applications and candidates against set criteria
- Experience working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience working with international students in a university
- Sound judgment, enabling evaluation of applicants and their potential to succeed in studies in Australia and contribute to development on completion
- Ability to work objectively and with neutrality
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Knowledge of the Australia Awards Scholarships program (desirable)
The position is classified as Discipline Category B Job Level 4 under the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Adviser Remuneration Framework. To learn more, please visit www.dfat.gov.au
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click “apply now”.
For any enquiries, please contact the International Development HR Team and quote the job reference number 498364.
Applications close: 5:00 pm (local PNG time), Friday, 12 June 2020
Coffey has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.
Coffey has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
This program is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company on behalf of the Australian Government.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.