Job no: 498430
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - QLD
Senior/Associate Geotechnical Engineer – Brisbane
- Come & work on great projects
- Make a difference and become a key member of our team
- This is the place for your extensive experience and unique skills
- Attractive salary, benefits & workplace flexibility
Coffey has a reputation as one of the world’s leading geotechnical consulting companies– a group which uses ingenuity to develop solutions that exceed our client’s expectations. We are the consultant of choice when a client has a challenging project that demand going beyond the state of practice.
About the role
Our Brisbane office is an integral part of our business. In this role you'll enjoy a variety of projects in transport infrastructure, renewable energy, residential & commercial developments, local government projects and mining. Our typical projects involve topics such as foundation design for a variety of structures, soil improvement, slope stability and slope risk assessments, slope remediation design, earth structures, dam engineering or tailings engineering, to name a few.
We need someone who is willing to make a difference and is up to the challenge, with a solid knowledge of soil and rock mechanics (ideally with experience in tailings engineering but not a must), and with the ability and experience to build client and team relationships. Reporting to the Geoscience Leader in Brisbane, you will have the opportunity to further develop your consulting career while supporting the geotechnical team and the growth of the business.
You'll manage project delivery and finances and support our junior engineers who will look to you for mentoring.
We are looking for the following capability and experience:
- 10 or more years Geotechnical experience preferably with a consulting business
- Qualifications in civil/geotechnical engineering (ideally MsC or higher)
- Solid understanding of soil and rock mechanics (ideally with experience in tailings engineering, but not a must)
- Experience in geotechnical design (e.g. foundations, retaining structures, slope stabilisation)
- Ideally you will be a RPEQ or actively working towards this
- Appreciation of engineering & commercial risks
- Ability to communicate clearly, inspire trust with a diverse client group
- You must hold Australian permanent work rights to apply for this position
For more information please visit our website www.coffey.com or call June Roberts on 02 9406 1230.
Coffey, a TetraTech company, is a leading provider of engineering services to the resources and energy sectors. Our talented engineers cover all disciplines across procurement and construction management and deliver projects across Australia, Asia and Africa.
In over three decades of operation we’ve delivered studies, detailed design, EPCM and EPC projects to our mining and infrastructure clients across all phases of the project life cycle from studies to ongoing operational supports.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are important to our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. That’s why we’ve introduced our new flexibility option which allows you to purchase up to 4 weeks of additional leave on top of your regular annual leave.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Purchase of additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now