Job no: 498440
Work type: Permanent
Security Manager - UKNIAF, Abuja, Nigeria
WYG is delivering the DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF) infrastructure improvement works. The programme’s duration is contracted for an initial 48 months with a possible 24-month extension.
Through the facility, technical assistance will be provided on a responsive and demand-driven basis to Ministries, Departments and Agencies of the Federal Government of Nigeria within the following sectors Component 1: The power sector (40%)
Component 2: The Federal Road Network (35%)
Component 3: Infrastructure Financing (25%)
This is a full-time role, as the as the Security Manager within the overall UKNIAF Operations team with the following responsibilities:
- Provide security orientation, advice and support to include written and verbal updates & briefings to all staff
- Provide health & safety advice and support across all program activities and office locations
- Maintain and support the development of operational Security, Risk Management and Health & Safety protocols, procedures and manuals
- Coordinate risk mitigation elements of journey management processes including oversight of travel requests, staff movement tracker etc.
- Maintain and manage security communications to all staff related to Safety & Security, e.g. WhatsApp, alerts and advisories, etc.
- Develop a Nigeria information & intelligence network across areas of operation to support safety & security of staff
- Oversee the vetting of employee applicants prior to engagement, e.g. reference checks, police checks, social media checks, etc with the local security manager.
- Conduct physical security reviews of offices, residences, hotels and medical facilities in support of staff safety & security
- Liaison with security & safety suppliers to ensure service levels are achieved or procured to meet the needs of the programs/operations
- Participate in all security breaches, investigations and incidents affecting people, properties, IT and information
- Manage and coordinate Operations functions for the wider team in the absence or illness of the Operations Manager’
- Support, review, write and deliver security analysis affecting program delivery
- Provide expeditionary security support across Nigeria as required by programs
- Other duties related to safety & security as required
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI’s)
KPI’s will be set on a yearly basis. They will be used to determine any performance related pay increase. They are likely to be in the following categories:
- Timely onboarding and tracking of all project staff and successful management of journey management processes
- Effective control of compliance requirements related to staff, e.g. immigration, background checks, etc.
- Effective implementation of SOPs e.g. Induction briefings, journey management, office security, etc.
- Client and stakeholder satisfaction, including positive feedback related to timely analysis and communication of security events to project staff
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Security Risk Management qualification
- Experience of working in a Fragile and Conflict State
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in security & risk management on international donor-funded projects (Nigeria experience would be useful)
- Ex-military background
- Adult trainer qualified
- Medical trained
- Health & Safety qualification
- Ability to develop information networks
- Fluency in English is a requirement
- Good IT skills
How to Apply
Please click on the 'apply now' button to start your application.
Applications close: 17th August 2020
Advertised: W. Central Africa Standard Time
Applications close: W. Central Africa Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now