Job no: 498442
Work type: Contract
Location: Bosnia And Herzegovina, Macedonia, Serbia
Categories: Economic Growth, Governance, Rule of Law
- Technical Assistance Facility funded by the UK Government under the Good Governance Fund
- 1 to 3.5 years
- Skopje, North Macedonia; Belgrade, Serbia; Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tetra Tech International Development is implementing a programme on behalf of the UK Government funded under the Good Governance Fund called the “Technical Assistance Facility Western Balkans” (TAF WB). We are working closely together with other suppliers, UK Government regional teams and country embassies, local actors (such as civil society organisations and government) to develop proposals for high quality projects and rapidly mobilise teams to work in a range of economic reform and governance areas including:
Reform to the regulation of the business environment and economic governance.
- Institutional capacity building to develop more effective governance.
- Anti-corruption measures and judicial reform.
- Modernisation of key sectors.
- Stronger and more independent media and civil society.
The programme started in May 2020 and will run for 3.5 years. It operates in Serbia, North Macedonia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, with the potential to expand to include further countries in the future.
We are seeking highly competent and organised Project Managers to support the programme to deliver high quality, timely technical assistance in Serbia, North Macedonia and Bosnia and Herzegovina (one in each country). The Project Managers will support the full project cycle, with inputs into project proposal development, through to project delivery and closure. Projects delivered by the TAF WB will vary in size and duration and Project Managers may support more than one project, working collaboratively with other portfolio Project Managers, our Team Leader and our ‘in-country’ representative. All work will be delivered in full compliance with Tetra Tech’s systems and standards.
Project Managers will be part of the wider Programme Management Team and report to the TAF WB Programme Manager who is responsible for smooth delivery of the overall programme. They will be supported by Tetra Tech’s UK based finance team, risk and compliance specialists, IT and HR teams.
Project Managers will be expected to work across the following areas:
- Governance and process:
- Work in collaboration with the Programme Management Team to finalise TAF WB processes and internal governance procedures (post Inception) so that the programme is set up for future success.
- Support the wider Programme Management Team to review and update TAF WB processes and procedures, as set out in the Programme Manual, on a needs basis.
- Proposal development:
- Work in close collaboration with our in-country representative to develop project proposals on a needs basis.
- Develop input-based budgets for projects at proposal stage that will allow delivery of all terms of reference requirements.
- Support proposal compliance and final reviews as needed ahead of submission.
- Results data and reporting:
- Support project delivery team(s) to collect results, other project performance data and ongoing lessons in support of MEL process, and report on these to the TAF WB’s MEL lead in line with the programme’s MEL systems and processes.
- Collate and maintain project information for allocated projects in line with the programme’s knowledge management procedures as set out in the Programme Manual.
- Provide inputs to quarterly and annual reports relating to the performance and analysis of allocated projects.
- Financial management:
- Deliver the financial management of allocated projects, in line with Tetra Tech’s financial processes and using Tetra Tech’s financial systems.
- Prepare financial reporting at project level for the Programme Management Team to support quarterly invoicing and financial reporting on each project (e.g. monthly budget forecasts and monthly financial spend reports).
- Support the project delivery team(s) in all aspects of financial management for allocated projects in collaboration with Tetra Tech’s UK finance team.
- Ensure financial transactions and cash management are controlled, and accounts are managed/reconciled in line with Tetra Tech requirements, national regulations and international accounting best practice.
- Complete financial due diligence for local partners.
- Assessment and management of risks:
- Work with project team(s) for allocated projects to keep project risk registers updated and ensure project risks are accurately captured in the overarching facility-level risk register, and escalating risks to the Programme Manager as appropriate.
- Project support and operations:
- Deliver the operations and logistics management for any allocated projects, in line with the Programme and Operational Security Manuals.
- Set up team members for allocated projects on Tetra Tech’s systems as necessary (e.g. for travel and timesheets etc.)
- Where Tetra Tech is leading a project, support recruitment of local experts as required including the preparation of job descriptions, posting of job to job sites, initial shortlisting of CVs and arranging interviews.
- Put contracts in place with locally based Tetra Tech experts and coordinate due diligence.
- Coordinate local travel arrangements for project teams for allocated projects and book accommodation or workshop space in line with the Programme Manual and budget.
To be successful in this role the Project Managers should have:
- A minimum 3 years of Project Management experience preferably connected to international development sector
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Strong financial management skills and experience developing and managing budgets preferably on international development related projects
- Strong written and oral communications
- Excellent local and English language skills (written and spoken)
- Experience in managing UK Government international development projects and knowledge of HMG’s ways of working is desirable
Applications close: 20 August 2020
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors around the world, including the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID), Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO), and the European Union (EU). Our people are focused on improving lives by working side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth, and good governance.
Tetra Tech International Development is part of Tetra Tech, a global family of experts providing international development services in over 13 key practice areas in over 100 countries around the world. Tetra Tech serves the major aid markets in the UK and Europe, as well as the U.S. Agency for International Development, the U.S. Department of State, Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and multilateral development banks.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all of our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Advertised: Central European Daylight Time
Applications close: Central European Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now