Job no: 498448
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - WA
- Join our highly experienced team delivering geotechnical solutions to our clients
- A dynamic, field and office based role working on a variety of challenging projects across a range of industries
- Modern and vibrant office - Perth CBD
Why Coffey? Top tier consultancy; challenging projects; highly regarded for our expertise; strong pipeline of work; fun & flexible work practices
About the role
Joining our specialist Geoservices group means you’ll become part of an expert team of engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, specialists who work on a variety of projects across Australia and New Zealand.
Our highly experienced team of geotechnical engineers professionals will support you to develop your skills and experience in ground investigation, geotechnical investigation, tailings design, and site management advice to our clients in the resource, property, utilities, infrastructure, Defence and energy sectors.
The role will be tailored to your strengths and could cover a range of aspects, including:
- Leading geotechnical and environmental drilling campaigns for ground investigation works, geological assessment and hydrogeological studies
- Managing complex field investigations including in-field ground testing, soil sampling, groundwater sampling
- Collating, interpreting and presenting laboratory analytical data in technical reports
- Assisting with geotechnical investigation, tailings design and/or contaminated site investigation reports for our clients
- Supervising sub-contractors undertaking high risk activities such as drilling and excavation programs
- Project management activities including resourcing, scheduling and budget control
- Participating in client meetings and contributing to technical solutions, options and initiatives to meet client’s needs
Ideally you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Geotechnical or Engineering Geology or a related discipline, and a commitment to ongoing professional development
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in ground investigation works, including CPT/SPT, soil and groundwater sampling preferably within a consulting environment
- Strongly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience and working knowledge of guidelines and standards related to geological assessment, geotechnical engineering and/or the investigation.
- A confident ability to build effective relationships with clients and key stakeholders through project delivery
- Exceptional verbal communication coupled with professional writing skills to produce highly technical reports and successful proposals
A high level of motivation to take ownership of quality and be accountable for delivery of our projects along with an Australian driver’s license and Australian work rights are essential for this role.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are important to our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. That’s why we’ve introduced our new flexibility option which allows you to purchase up to 4 weeks of additional leave on top of your regular annual leave.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Purchase of additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multi-billion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that drive collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now