Job no: 498485
Work type: Permanent
Location: New Zealand
Geotechnical Engineer - Tauranga
- Join our world class Geotechnical consulting group
- Play a significant role in developing our successful future in Tauranga
- Competitive salary
Our roles ask more of you. Sharing knowledge, exploring new thinking and delivering smart solutions.
About The Role
The Coffey Tauranga office is an integral part of the New Zealand business.
In a close-knit and growing local office, you will be part of the much larger, strong national geotechnical team. Reporting to the local team leader, these positions will require a balance of independence and collaboration in approach. We see you carrying out field work, gaining expertise in slope stability, liquefaction potential, and soft soils to name a few.
You can expect to work with well-trained team members and a variety of clients, and get involved in some exciting and diverse projects, including residential, commercial, and industrial and a range of civil infrastructure including pile design and bridge projects. We have a large local and national client base with diversity of projects in size, complexity and project type, which make Coffey an employer of choice.
Technical excellence is important, consulting skills are equally as important. We require all of our staff at Coffey to have excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong team and client relationships.
Ideally You Will Have
- A civil engineering or engineering geology degree.
- Experience in a consulting environment and in geotechnical site investigations and design would be beneficial. Stability and ground improvement analysis and design would be highly regarded.
- Ideally we would like to see experience ranging from 1 years’ experience to 3 years for these positions
- Success in building client relationships in the local market
- Work as a project manager on small to large scale projects depending on your experience
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and interpretative and analytical skills
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities for people like you.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are a critical element of our culture too. We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. Having the flexibility to balance career and personal priorities is something our employees tell us makes a real difference to them.
Our Benefits Include
- Supportive and flexible work practices
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Ability to purchase additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Laptop and iPhone provided
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Interested candidates please click the Apply button, complete the form and attach your CV. For more information please visit our website www.coffey.com or you can call June Roberts on +64 3 3365 433 for a confidential discussion.
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now