As a leading global development consulting firm, our purpose is to contribute to a world where people, communities and the planet thrive.
Coffey International Development works with governments, businesses and NGOs to solve complex development challenges. Our dedicated team helps partners including DFAT, USAID and the Asian Development Bank to deliver effective and sustainable projects in more than 80 countries around the world.
- Remote Input from Home Location
- Up to 40 days input over a five-month period
- Start date October 2020
Australia Awards Papua New Guinea (AAPNG) is designed to promote knowledge, leadership and enduring ties between Australia and Papua New Guinea (PNG). It aims to build knowledge and skills to address PNG’s economic and development challenges through international scholarships to Australia and scholarships in PNG.
It offers the next generation of leaders in Papua New Guinea opportunities to acquire professional and technical knowledge and skills relevant to the priorities of the Government of PNG. The program ensures opportunities are provided for women, people with disabilities and people from remote locations. The program focuses on supporting alumni to use their skills, knowledge and networks to drive change and innovation.
AAPNG includes three study options:
- Australia Award Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study primarily postgraduate courses in Australia;
- Australia Awards Short Course Awards – for Papua New Guineans to undertake study in Australia, receiving an Australian qualification; and
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study in PNG to meet critical workforce gaps.
To deliver Australia Awards outcomes, AAPNG has five stream activities: Australia Awards; PNG and Pacific Awards; Short Course Awards; Alumni Engagement; and Secondary Schools. AAPNG is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Reporting to the Facility Director, the Education Social Inclusion Specialist will undertake a scoping study to identify the possible project activities that Australia Awards PNG (AAPNG) may consider to enhance the social inclusion of its scholarships for people with a disability, those from rural and remote areas, and females.
AAPNG - Position Description - Social Inclusion Specialist FINAL 20200910.pdf
The Specialist will have the following:
- Postgraduate degree(s) in education, social work, psychology, international development, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to, developing and implementing successful socially inclusive education activity programs, proposals and/or partnerships in the international development context.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in applying global principles, procedures and standards and the latest best practice relating to social inclusion.
- Demonstrated and successful experience in working collaboratively across cultures with diverse range of stakeholders, including Melanesia.
- Excellent understanding of the Papua New Guinean and Australian tertiary education sector.
- Previous experience with Australian Government-funded projects and knowledge of relevant policies, standards, and protocols.
- Excellent analytical and English language report writing and communication skills
The position is classified as Discipline Category C Job Level 4 under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework. To learn more, please visit https://www.dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Pages/adviser-remuneration-framework
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click on ‘apply now’ and complete the online application process. Please note that applications will only be accepted via Coffey Careers.
For any enquiries, please contact the International Development HR Team and quote the job reference number 498507.
Applications close: 5pm (PNG time) on Wednesday, 30 September 2020.
This program is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Coffey has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.
Coffey has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.