Job no: 498512
Work type: Permanent
Location: New Zealand
Categories: Corporate services - Finance, HSSE, HR, IT, Marketing
About the opportunity
This role is a critical member of our enterprise support team. Our geographically dispersed IT team supports some 500+ offices with over 20,000 associates around the world ensuring the smooth operation of technology throughout our business on a continuous 24 x 7 basis.
This role will be based in Wellington, New Zealand with time split between two physical sites in the Wellington CBD. Occasional travel to regional offices or new project/site offices as required.
With a large number of geo-diverse offices, the majority of this role will be remote support over the phone, instant messaging and video calls.
It’s a dynamic team environment where all hands are on deck to support and service the business, but you’ll also get involved in the following activities:
- Ensuring professional IT customer service is provided to all our staff, bringing energy, collaborative teamwork and a can-do attitude
- Taking ownership of local and regional issues, escalating where required, owning through to resolution effectively and proactively in line with service level targets
- Respond to customers' technical issues in a timely, friendly and professional manner via telephone, e-mail and other appropriate means
- Co-ordination of infrastructure repair and replacement with suppliers and other team members
- Identifying potential problems and opportunities by keeping abreast of the latest in technology
- Exposure and involvement in IT projects across the group.
For success in the role, you’ll need to demonstrate:
- Strong inter-personal skills with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- You can communicate effectively in both oral and written form with both customers and colleagues
- Organised and can initiate daily work practices and follow a defined process
- Strong technical aptitude, with an ability to quickly learn new software and technologies
- Previous experience in a medium-to-large or enterprise IT service desk environment, working directly with customers, with high expectations
- Familiarity with Windows environments including SCCM, collaboration tools and related applications
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft 365.
- A continuous improvement mind-set, through analysing tickets and identifying occurring trends to support problem management
- ITIL Certification is preferred, but not mandatory.
Please note: You must hold New Zealand work rights and a valid driver’s license to apply for this position.
Coffey, a TetraTech company, is a leading provider of engineering services to the resources and energy sectors. Our talented engineers cover all disciplines across procurement and construction management and deliver projects across Australia, Asia and Africa.
In over three decades of operation we’ve delivered studies, detailed design, EPCM and EPC projects to our mining and infrastructure clients across all phases of the project life cycle from studies to ongoing operational supports.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities. [link removed]
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are important to our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. That’s why we’ve introduced our new flexibility option which allows you to purchase up to 4 weeks of additional leave on top of your regular annual leave.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Purchase of additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now