Job no: Communications Officer
Work type: Contract
Categories: Corporate services - Finance, HSSE, HR, IT, Marketing, Economic Growth
WYG, a Tetra Tech company, is delivering the FCDO-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF), a £72.8m technical assistance facility which aims to improve the lives of some of Nigeria’s poorest people by improving the way infrastructure is designed and delivered in the country.
The UKNIAF programme is active across the Federal Road Network (FRN), Power and Infrastructure finance sectors. Working with the Federal Government of Nigeria, selected state governments and the wider international community, it aims to catalyse a transformational change in livelihoods across Nigeria by unblocking obstacles to growth.
This role is that of a Communications Officer for an initial duration of 1-year to support the Communications Lead in day to day communications activities; generate engaging communications tools and products for the programme and manage social media activities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Communications Officer
This is a full-time role, as the Communications Officer of the UKNIAF project, specifically you will:
- Manage UKNIAF social media accounts and maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Edit videos and photos and manage their publication and storage.
- Work with MS Office tools; Edit/format Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Help develop a culture of story spotting and identifying news opportunities within the programme.
- Support the development of communication tools and knowledge management.
- Support the development of a suite of communications tools: newsletters, posters, banners etc.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content and other material that communicates UKNIAF programme activities;
- Carry out routine day-to-day content management of the UKNIAF website.
- Respond to ad hoc requests from the Programme Manager or Communications Lead.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Educated to Degree level.
- At least 5 years of experience working in communications whether within an agency, in-house or within a consulting environment.
- Experience working on projects or in an environment with a wide range of clients and counterparts, and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Video editing ability e.g. Premier Pro, Final Cut, Vega, After Affects etc.
- Demonstrable ability to manage and drive traffic to Social media accounts e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Full MS Office suite proficiency e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Applications close: Tuesday 1st of December 2020, 9pm UK time
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors around the world, including the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID), Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO), and the European Union (EU). Our people are focused on improving lives by working side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth, and good governance. Tetra Tech International Development is part of Tetra Tech, a global family of experts providing international development services in over 13 key practice areas in over 100 countries around the world. Tetra Tech serves the major aid markets in the UK and Europe, as well as the U.S. Agency for International Development, the U.S. Department of State, Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and multilateral development banks.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all of our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Advertised: W. Central Africa Standard Time
Applications close: W. Central Africa Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now