As a leading global development consulting firm, our purpose is to contribute to a world where people, communities and the planet thrive.
Coffey International Development works with governments, businesses and NGOs to solve complex development challenges. Our dedicated team helps partners including DFAT, USAID and the Asian Development Bank to deliver effective and sustainable projects in more than 80 countries around the world.
- 12-month contract, with possibility of extension
- Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea with program travel as required (e.g. PNG provinces/Australia)
Australia Awards Papua New Guinea (AAPNG) is designed to promote knowledge, leadership and enduring ties between Australia and Papua New Guinea (PNG). It aims to build knowledge and skills to address PNG’s economic and development challenges through international scholarships to Australia and scholarships in PNG.
It offers the next generation of leaders in Papua New Guinea opportunities to acquire professional and technical knowledge and skills relevant to the priorities of the Government of PNG. The program ensures opportunities are provided for women, people with disabilities and people from remote locations. The program focuses on supporting alumni to use their skills, knowledge and networks to drive change and innovation.
AAPNG includes three study options:
- Australia Award Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study primarily postgraduate courses in Australia;
- Australia Awards Short Course Awards for Papua New Guineans to undertake study in Australia, receiving an Australian qualification; and
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study in PNG to meet critical workforce gaps.
To deliver Australia Awards outcomes, AAPNG has five stream activities: Australia Awards; PNG and Pacific Awards; Short Course Awards; Alumni Engagement; and Secondary Schools. AAPNG is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Reporting to the Facility Director, the Higher Education Partnerships Manager will lead and manage the development and implementation of an activity plan. The aim of the plan is to support the capacity development and foster professional networks of a select group of higher education institutions in Papua New Guinea. This will be achieved through the delivery of a range of activities with Australian higher education institutions that also foster people to people and organisational linkages and by fostering professional networks across the PNG higher education sector.
AAPNG - Position Description - Higher Education Partnerships Manager FINAL 20201120.pdf
- Postgraduate degree(s) in higher education, international development, human resource development or related field;
- Substantial senior management experience in a university or college setting, including experience in tertiary corporate services and administration
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing successful education activity programs, proposals and/or partnerships in the international development context.
- Excellent understanding of the Papua New Guinean and Australian tertiary education sector.
- Demonstrated and successful experience in working collaboratively across cultures with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and English language report writing and communication skills.
- Previous experience with Australian Government-funded projects and knowledge of relevant policies, standards, and protocols, an advantage.
This position is locally engaged and reserved for National Citizens of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click on ‘apply now’ and complete the online application process. Please note that applications will only be accepted via Coffey Careers.
For any enquiries, please contact IDEV.HRServices@coffey.com and quote the job reference number 498627.
Applications close: 5:00pm (PNG time) on Friday, 4 December 2020
This program is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Coffey has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.
Coffey has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.