Job no: 498713
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - QLD
- Join our highly experienced team and be part of delivering contamination management solutions to our clients
- Develop your career working on a variety of exciting and challenging projects across a range of industries
- Brisbane CBD, QLD
This role is much more than a desk job.
It’s about managing field programs; gaining exposure to how we engage with our clients and contractors and preparing technical reports for a diverse range of interesting projects. It’s a great opportunity to develop your environmental career in a busy and successful team and work for an international company.
About the role
You’ll be part of our specialist Contamination Site Assessment and Remediation (SAR) group – a multi-disciplinary team of Engineers, Geologists, Hydrogeologists, Chemists and Environmental practitioners working throughout Australia and New Zealand. You’ll broaden your Environmental skills, working closely with some of the industry’s leaders.
You will also get the opportunity to develop basic geotechnical skills, working alongside our geotechnical colleagues. Working in a close-knit team, you’ll be provided with great support and you’ll get the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects and clients in the Defence, Infrastructure, Property and Mining sectors.
Here’s what you’ll be focused on:
- Undertaking both technical and non-technical tasks including; preparation and completion of fieldwork; collating, analysing, interpreting and presenting data; and preparation of various types of contamination related reports
- Observing and guiding site remediation activities
- Managing small scale or low complexity projects, identifying and communicating risks to Project Managers
- Participating in and contribute to developing technical solutions, options and initiatives to meet our client’s needs
- Contributing to the development and submission of winning proposals
This opportunity will best suit someone with 2 to 3 years’ experience in contaminated land preferably within a consulting environment.
You will also need to have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Science, Environmental Engineering, Geology or a related discipline
- Experience in remediation and site assessment - ground water sampling or soil sampling
- Confidence in interacting with clients and a commitment to ongoing professional development
- Sound analytical and report writing skills
- Experience and working knowledge of guidelines and standards related to the management of contamination land
- High motivation and organisational skills and a genuine interest in the assessment and management of contaminated land, with a desire to build a career in this area.
- Experience with software programs such as ESDAT and gInt is preferable
You must hold Australian work rights and a current Australian driver’s license to apply for this position, preferably permanent residence or citizenship status.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a successful team and to work for an international company and key player in the field. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is all about teamwork, collaborating and sharing knowledge together and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
We offer all the benefits you’d expect below, but it’s our fun, social and supportive team environment that makes the difference.
We work hard for our clients all week every week, so we never miss the opportunity to acknowledge, recognise and celebrate our people and their successes.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Purchase of additional 4 weeks leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multi-billion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that drive collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now