Senior/Associate Environmental Consultant – Environmental and Social Management and Advisory
- Fantastic career opportunity within our highly regarded Environmental and Social Management and Advisory group
- Join a top tier international consultancy
- Multiple roles in the Brisbane or Melbourne office
Why Coffey? Strong reputation for technical expertise & project management excellence; solid pipeline of major projects; fun & flexible work practices.
With over 40 years’ experience in delivering large-scale environmental and social impact assessments across the Asia Pacific region, we’re known in the marketplace for taking on complex and technically challenging projects.
Now that we’re part of the global Tetra Tech family, the variety in our projects and international expert advice available to our people is better than ever before.
About the role
Working across the mining, energy, infrastructure and Defence sectors, our public and private sector clients engage us as trusted advisors to manage their environmental approval risks and to deliver high quality solutions for critical projects across Australia, Papua New Guinea and Asia Pacific.
You’ll join a collegiate and professional team who work together across multiple offices within the Asia Pacific region. Working closely with our first-class Principal and Senior Principal level colleagues, you’ll be supported technically as you manage and deliver your own portfolio of projects.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing advice and support to clients on environmental and social aspects across the full project life cycle
- Managing the delivery of environmental and social impact assessments and technical studies and contributing to the technical content in reports, proposals and correspondence
- Coordinating and preparing complex environmental approval documentation
- Preparation of environmental management plans and delivering environmental audits
- Engaging with a wide range of government and community stakeholders
- Maintaining and growing client relationships; building your profile at industry seminars and events and actively promoting our capability to key target clients
With 5 to 10 years’ experience, you’ll be tertiary qualified in environmental science, engineering or similar and will have experience in managing the delivery of environmental and social impact assessments and environmental management projects.
You’ll have well developed written and verbal communication and presentation skills and will have project managed several mid-sized environmental and social impact assessment projects across a range of industries.
You’ll enjoy providing advice and high-quality outcomes for clients as well as collaborating with colleagues across our team and the company more broadly. You’ll be passionate in sharing and extending your knowledge and providing technical and career guidance and advice for our junior team members.
An ability to travel throughout the Asia Pacific and beyond to work on our diverse range of projects as required, is also a must.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities for people like you.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new
ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are a critical element of our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. Having the flexibility to balance career and personal priorities is something our employees tell us makes a real difference to them.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work practices
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Ability to purchase additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Laptop and iPhone provided
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.