Job no: 498736
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - NSW
Senior Geotechnical Engineer - Sydney
- Key delivery role servicing our client base
- Steady stream of interesting projects
- Great benefits - purchase additional leave
About the role
This unique role is the perfect opportunity for an experienced geotechnical engineer who loves to work independently to deliver technical solutions for their clients without the distraction of operational management issues.
Reporting to the Geotechnics Operations Manager you’ll have full support from highly experienced technical leaders in Sydney in relation to peer review requirements and new client introductions.
Your focus will be to service our existing clients by managing the geotechnical aspects of road infrastructure, renewable developments and commercial and residential construction projects. You’ll be responsible for preparing cost estimates, input into proposals, technical documentation and client reports.
Building on our long term established relationships and keeping a look out for additional work in the local market will be key to your success.
Qualified in civil/geotechnical engineering or engineering geology, ideally you will have significant client consulting and project management experience.
You’ll need to be a proactive professional, able to work independently and with confidence in your ability to build and maintain strong client relationships for a diverse range of clients
Areas of technical experience that would be highly considered:
- Geotech investigations
- Earthworks (design, specification and construction supervision)
- Soft soils and numerical modelling (Settle 3D)
- Geotechnical analysis (Wallap, Plaxis)
- Temporary Works Analysis and Design
- Piling and pavement design
- Engineering geology, rock mechanics and slope assessment (RMS Slope Risk Assessment Accreditation would be an advantage)
- Acid sulphate soils / erosion and sediment control
You must have a permanent work visa.
If you would like further information on this role, please call June Roberts on (02) 9406 1230.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities for people like you.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new
ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are a critical element of our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. Having the flexibility to balance career and personal priorities is something our employees tell us makes a real difference to them.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work practices
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Ability to purchase additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Laptop and iPhone provided
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now