Job no: 498803
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - VIC
Asbestos & Hazmat Consultant - Melbourne
- Join our established and renowned asbestos and hazmat consulting business
- Highly experienced team in asbestos and hazardous materials
About the role
Due to our continued growth and some exciting new projects, we are looking for a Health, Safety and Environment Consultants specialized in hazardous materials management to join our Hazmat team in Melbourne. We are looking for self- motivated consultants who are looking to broaden their skill base and experience in the hazmat industry.
Here’s what you’ll be focused on:
- Asbestos and hazardous materials surveys and hygiene
- Asbestos fibre counting in our NATA-accredited laboratory
- Occupational hygiene monitoring including noise, dust and other contaminants
- Management of projects and client liaison
- Production of quality reports based on your findings
What makes us different is that we are recognised globally for our consulting expertise and our ability to provide smart solutions to our clients. That means you'll be working on a broad range of great projects across many industries alongside our highly experienced team.
To be successful in this role you'll need to:
- Have 2+ years' experience in a similar role having worked as a consultant in this field
- Experience in Asbestos and Hazmat surveying and hygiene
- This role is 60-70% field based so you need to enjoy working in the field
- You’ll be a team player, having strong communication skills and a pro-active can-do approach
- Hold a full driver’s license and have the flexibility to travel regionally with short notice
- Ideally hold a tertiary qualification in a related field
- Have permanent rights to work in Australia.
Your ability to build and maintain relationships, together with your motivation to grow with Coffey will be the key for your success and professional development. We’ll develop your skills in engaging with clients, contributing to winning proposals and delivering projects.
Our Hazmat team in Abbotsford is growing and this is a great opportunity to be a part of a successful team and work for an internationally recognised company and a key player in the field. So, if this sounds like you, apply today!
For more information please visit our website www.coffey.com or you can call June Roberts on (02) 9406 1230 for a confidential discussion
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new
ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are a critical element of our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. Having the flexibility to balance career and personal priorities is something our employees tell us makes a real difference to them.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work practices
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Ability to purchase additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Laptop and iPhone provided
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now