Principal/Associate Geotechnical Engineers - Brisbane
- We offer you a top-notch technical environment
- Enjoy a diversity of projects that will challenge you technically
Our renowned Geotechnical business in Brisbane now needs Principal or Associate level Geotechnical Engineers.
We offer you a top-notch technical environment. Our business culture champions cutting edge solutions that ensure you are inspired and that our clients return to us for every project. We consistently focus on buildability and value engineering, while applying intelligent risk.
We implement policies and work practices that encourage flexible work options to assist you balance your work, life and family responsibilities, including our leave purchase scheme and flexible work options.
About the role
You will be a key member of the Queensland Geotechnical Team, working on a variety of geotechnical projects. Recent projects in which this team is or has been involved include high profile CBD buildings, mining, and transport projects. We expect you to provide your personal experience and knowledge to these and other projects, and to become a relevant contributor to the team. Our vision is for Coffey to be the consultant of reference for challenging and complex projects that require that out-of-the-box mindset.
We also will expect you to contribute to the development of the team and to the growth of the Queensland operations, for which you will require excellent communication skills to nurture our relationship with our valued clients. You will need to be also a committed team player, enjoying being challenged within an environment of motivated engineers and geologists.
The responsibilities of these positions include:
- Planning, directing and supervising all operations in large and moderately sized projects with bigger risk and difficulty, and a large business impact.
- Provide technical leadership.
- Enjoy interaction with clients and the challenges of business development.
- Provide mentoring & support to technical staff in completing projects.
- Review engineering reports and designs.
- Project management and be responsible for both positive technical as well as commercial outcomes
- You are the first point of contact with clients and the focus will be to add genuine value at all stages of the project lifecycle
- May be responsible for project teams sometimes working in remote locations.
- Regularly develop and evaluate project plans.
- Develop proposals and work to grow the Geotechnical practice.
You will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering as a minimum. A Master of Science or PhD will be valued.
- 10+ years of Geotechnical experience.
- Strong technical progression in your geotechnical career.
- Experience in leading technical teams to successfully conclude projects.
- Your experience ranges from soil to rock mechanics, including the design of shallow and deep foundations, soft soil engineering, ground improvement methods and slope stabilisation. Any experience in tailings engineering will also be valued.
- Experienced in geotechnical software such as Plaxis, Slope/W, Seep/W, Settle3D, Dips, UnWedge, or SWedge. Any experience in FLAC will be valued.
We are very keen to discuss your experience with you, and to understand your view on your contribution to the team.
We ensure that you enjoy work flexibility and offer the opportunity to buy up to 4 weeks’ additional leave.
We have paid parental and partner leave.
If you have any questions, please call June Roberts on 02 9406 1230.
We're proud of our reputation for deep expertise – for digging deeper, thinking smarter and seeing further. Since joining Tetra Tech, we've combined the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with Coffey. It's a strong combination that's supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are important to our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. That’s why we’ve introduced our new flexibility option which allows you to purchase up to 4 weeks of additional leave on top of your regular annual leave.
Our benefits include:
Supportive and flexible work environment
Commitment to your career development
Competitive salary package
Purchase of additional leave on top of regular annual leave
Paid Parental and Partner Leave
Employee stock purchase plan
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.